Media Release for Artist MARGARET GOLDSMITH
Margaret brings the vitality and colour of the Gold coast to the tranquillity of the mountain in her expressionist, colourful figurative paintings for which she has won numerous Art Awards and is represented in important private and public art collections.
Margaret has established a fine art gallery & studio on her property at Bateke Rd @ Mt Tamborine (Golf Course end of the mountain) in the midst of beautiful gardens and orchards with ocean views of the Gold Coast.
“My love of strong colour interwoven with rhythmic design is obvious. I paint from the heart in an expressionistic style with the aim of simplification and directness. When I draw and paint it is for you, the viewer. If it pleases you, it is that your soul is running in tangent with mine”.
Margaret & Neil’s collaboration of Art Glass is accredited by CRAFT MARK, meaning it is works of excellence. The dynamic designs and exciting colours of Bulls Eye Glass are in the form of platters, bowls, framed pictures etc. etc.
Margaret completed her first art degree in the early 1980’s and was fortunate to have great tutors like William Robinson, David Paulson, Irene Amos, Andrew Sibley and Joe Furlonger. They were great tutors as well as great artists, which is rare.
“These and many other superb artist encouraged my own handwriting to the fore which is unique in itself. Through my paintings and glass work I attempt to capture a language that does not know stillness, only motion. My work is full of happy predictions, vital paint colours, fresh and vibrant moments of intense pleasure and the uncontrollable happiness of a dance on canvas or paper”. “My aim is to simplify the figure further”.
Warm Glass Workshops
I completed a workshop in Laminated Glass Panels with Lambert Blown Glass tutor Manfred Miskis in 2009
I can now accept commissions of very large windows ;Laminated in lieu of Lead Light in this beautiful German Lambert Blown Glass
– Glass Art Society and Ausglass 35th Annual conference, University of South Australia, SA
– Harumi Yukatake Study Workshop, University of South Australia, SA
– Glass Bead workshop, Qld Glass Guild, Brisbane Qld
– Glass Mosaic workshop, Albion Glass, Brisbane Qld
– Conference and study workshop (Qld Government), Urban Glass, Brooklyn, N.Y. – Glass
– Comprehensive Glass studies
– Qld Glass Artist, Eumundi, Qld Uroborus (Hartley Williams)
– Ultimo University, Sydney NSW
– Albion Glass, Brisbane Qld Art Glass, Gold Coast Qld – Fusing Slumping
Paintings, Visual Art
– Winner of Tourism Award 2003 Beaudesert Shire, Beaudesert, Qld
Tourist Attraction (Art Gallery, Art Work and Gardens of the Property.
– 3 year Diploma in Visual Arts, Painting, Drawing & Sculpture, majoring in Painting. Kelvin Grove CAE, Qld
– 3 year Diploma in Ceramic & Sculpture, Coorparoo College of TAFE, Qld
– 3 year Study Sculpture- George Verine Coorparoo, Qld.
EXHIBITION (selected) and prizes
– Exhibition of Glass & Paintings, Nerang Library, Nerang Qld
– Ausglass Members Exhibition, Light Square Gallery, Adelaide SA
– Make-A-Wish Art Festival, Gold Coast, Qld
Exhibition of Glass & Paintings, Nerang Library Qld
– Exhibition of Glass Hong Kong – Innovations Regional Art Awards,Flying Arts Inc.”Fishie Story” & “Oriental Sales Man” – Acquired Judges Chambers, Brisbane Law Courts
– Brush Strokes, Art Promotions, Brisbane Qld five Glass Masks – Purchased by Ernst & Young Accountants – Beechmont Celebration Art Competition Beaudesert Shire, Qld- Highly Com
– Gold Coast City Council for Robina Auditorium, Robina, Qld. Aquired “Swim Between The Flags” / Mainly Black&White, Hangups Gallery, Brisbane, Qld – Flying Arts Annual QCL Art Award 2001 with DPI Logan Art Gallery, Logan Qld
– Toowoomba Biennial Acquisitive Fine Art Award and Exhibition Toowoomba -Selected “My Cup Runneth Over” / Minimal Transcendence, Fusion Gallery, Brisbane Qld
– Marymount Arts Festival – First – Sculpture, Gold Coast
Maroochy Shire Art Festival -First – Watercolour Winner – “Lovely Model” / Women in Glass, Celestial Gallery, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane Qld
– Toowoomba Biennial Acquisitive Fine Art Award and Exhibition / Qld Creative, Glass Guild
– Toowoomba Biennial Acquisitive Fine Art Award and Exhibition, “Fruit Pickers I” and “Fruit pickers II” were sellected
– Gold Coast Show – First – Special Award Prime Television Painting Prize- “My Colourful Figure” Traveled round Australia, for One Year To Four Major Regional Art Galleries
– Gold Coast Show – First – Contemporary Warwick Art Prize
– First-Contemporary Acquired “Reclining Figure”
– Gold Coast Show – First – Special Award Moreton Shire Arts Prize
– First – Contemporary Painting Acquired “Athletic Woman”
– Gold Coast Show – First – Works on Paper
– Gold Coast Show – First – Ceramics Hand-Painted
– Tamborine Mountain Show – First – Watercolour
– Gold Coast Show – 3 Firsts – Contemporary Sculpture, Hand Built Pot, Hand Painted Platter
– Regional Artist & Writters Diary- Painting
– International Art Exhibition Zonta Convention, Hawai
– Australian Artist, March pages 91,92,93 (paintings), “Nichigo Press”, July
– Domestic Violence, “Seeds of Hope” (paintings), Gold Coast Magazine, March page 50 and 51 (paintings);
– Craft Arts International, #40 (paintings)
– Craft Arts International, #41 (glass) platter Arte a Pordenone (5A Monstra Mercato D’arte Contempoanea)
– Arte a Pordenone (5th Mostra Mercato D’arte Contemporanea, Italy
– Who’s Who of Australian Visual Artist, Sept. page 28 and 29; Living in Paradise, Gold Coast Magazine; Windows to the Soul, AFA, Inc.